The Women’s Caucus for Art was founded in 1972 in connection with the College Art Association (CAA). WCA is a national member organization unique in its multidisciplinary, multicultural membership of artists, art historians, students, educators, and museum professionals.
The mission of the Women’s Caucus for Art is to create community through art, education, and social activism. WCA is committed to recognizing the contribution of women in the arts; providing women with leadership opportunities and professional development; expanding networking and exhibition opportunities for women; supporting local, national and global art activism; and advocating for equity in the arts for all.
As an NGO (non-governmental organization) of the United Nations, the Women’s Caucus for Art actively supports the UN Millennium Goals. WCA utilizes art as the universal language to engage artists, NGOS, and civil society on a broad range of issues such as gender equity and environmental sustainability.
As a founding member of the Feminist Art Project, WCA is part of a collaborative national initiative celebrating the Feminist Art Movement and the aesthetic, intellectual and political impact of women on the visual arts, art history, and art practice, past and present.
National Benefits Include:
- Online Membership Directory.
- Newsletters and Monthly Email Digests.
- Your Website Listing on the Member Gallery page.
- National Network with WCA Chapter Map and Information.
- Regional and Inter-Chapter Activities.
- Monthly Featured Artists on National homepage.
- Conferences and Opportunities with College Artist Association.
- Lifetime Achievement Awards.
- Community and Leadership Development.
- Advocacy for Women in the Arts.
- Fiscal Sponsorship under 501(c)(3).
- Monthly Listings of Opportunities including a complimentary subscription to The Art List.
- Access to the Matrix Database of WCA member opportunities for Artists and Historians.
- Access to Health Insurance Information via the Open Arts Network of Fractured Atlas.
- Discounts for Magazine Subscriptions: Aperture Magazine, ARTnews, Woman’s Art Journal, Feminist Studies, Ms Magazine.
Visit the National WCA website: www.nationalwca.org