The Women’s Caucus for Art was founded in 1972 in connection with the College Art Association (CAA). WCA is a national member organization unique in its multidisciplinary, multicultural membership of artists, art historians, students, educators, and museum professionals.
The mission of the Women’s Caucus for Art is to create community through art, education, and social activism. WCA is committed to recognizing the contribution of women in the arts; providing women with leadership opportunities and professional development; expanding networking and exhibition opportunities for women; supporting local, national and global art activism; and advocating for equity in the arts for all.
As an NGO (non-governmental organization) of the United Nations, the Women’s Caucus for Art actively supports the UN Millennium Goals. WCA utilizes art as the universal language to engage artists, NGOS, and civil society on a broad range of issues such as gender equity and environmental sustainability.
As a founding member of the Feminist Art Project, WCA is part of a collaborative national initiative celebrating the Feminist Art Movement and the aesthetic, intellectual and political impact of women on the visual arts, art history, and art practice, past and present.
National Benefits Include:
- Access mentors, colleagues, and assistants through the online National Membership Directory
- Receive two Artlines Newsletters a year and a monthly email digest Pulse
- List your website and your artwork on the online WCA Member Gallery
- Post your events and openings on the WCA Member Calendar
- Feature your art on the WCA homepage
- Take part in Regional and Inter-Chapter Activities
- Take advantage of national exhibition opportunities
- Member discounts for WCA’s Annual Conference the the Lifetime Achievement Awards Gala
- Attend WCA’s Annual Conference, along with a day of The Feminist Art Project (TFAP) Panels
- Apply for Chapter Development Funds, Chapter Matching Funds, or a WCA ConferenceTravel Scholarship
- Lead your peers and strengthen your professional skills
- Design, curate and realize exhibitions
- Advocacy for Women in the Arts
- Fiscal Sponsorship under 501(c)3, if you have a funding opportunity that requires non-profit tax-exempt status
- Free one-year Premium Membership to TheArtList.com, a leading online resource for artists looking for income and exhibition opportunities, and calls for art contests, competitions, art residencies, workshops and more
Visit the National WCA website: www.nationalwca.org